First Tee-Phoenix hosts various tournaments throughout the year. Some are open to all First Tee-Phoenix members, but most are for a select group of Tournament Players. Please see below on how to become a tournament player. Tournaments that are for all members include always popular TopGolf Tournament, Spooktacular, and Rising Stars. As we get closer to tournaments we will post about the tournaments and upcoming details. Our next tournament is our Open Championship.
To keep everyone safe we have develop Tournament Protocols. You can find this information by clicking the orange button below.
WHat are Tournament Players?
Tournament players are selected by First Tee-Phoenix Coaches, and added to a Tournament Player Roster. This is select group of members, who are able to participate in First Tee-Phoenix Tournaments. In order to become a tournament player, please reach out to your programming site coordinator and see what you can do to become a tournament player.
Rising Star is our beginner tournament. This is a great way to see how our members do in preparing them to becoming a tournament player. We go over procedures and all aspects of tournament play to prepare our members to be competitive in golf. We have two Rising Star Tournaments a year, one in the spring and one in the fall. Details to participate in Rising Stars are below.
Requirements for Rising Star Tournaments
- Must have their own set of clubs. We will not be providing clubs.
- Participants that are late may not be able to participate
- All participants must have their own golf balls, tees, ball marker and divot tool in their bag
- MUST be attending level specific classes regularly
- Participants must be able to play each hole within 15 minutes
- Participants must be familiar with the rules of golf and golf etiquette, for example who’s turn is it to hit, how to keep score, etc
- All participants are playing 6 holes individual stroke play. Everyone plays from the same tees.
The Kloenne Cup is an exciting “Ryder Cup” style, invitational tournament that features three formats: two person best ball, two person alternate shot, and individual match play. Kloenne Cup is named after First Tee of Phoenix Inaugural Board Chairman, Tim Kloenne. He is a great guy, and was very instrumental in making our organization into what it is today. Kloenne Cup teams include 16 players from The Mountain Team playing against a team of 16 players from The Desert Team.
In order to qualify for this event, participants earn points based on how they place in our tournaments throughout the year. This is an invitational tournament, in which we have 12 automatic qualifiers for each team and then 4 captain’s picks for each team. The Kloenne Cup will take place on at the start of the year.
Major tournaments, such as Desert Classic, Open Championship, Masters, and Tour Championship earn double points!
Talking Stick, Longbow, Papago, Lone Tree, TPC, Augusta Ranch, and San Marcos
Briarwood, Wigwam, Aguila, Desert Mirage, Encanto-Palo Verde, Cave Creek, and Legacy
How are teams selected?
- Participants MUST play in at least 1 First Tee of Phoenix Tournament between February and November if the current year.
- Tournament points will be awarded by overall finish in the ENTIRE FIELD, regardless of gender and age.
- Captains picks do not need to meet these requirements.
|Bonus: each Division Winner||10|